SUPERB ASSOCIATES reputation in India for private funds and asset management platforms across sectors is well established.
We represent global financial institutions, banks, multilateral institutions and family offices in their investments in India and Asia–focused funds and platforms.
We also engage several sovereign funds, pension funds and foreign funds and offer regulatory advice. Our experience extends to the special requirements of sovereigns in relation to disclosure compliance and securities laws.
At the forefront of the evolution of secondary transactions in this space, we assist clients in purchasing from or selling their fund business to another fund house. This market–driven practice demands an awareness of its growth and the agility to respond to the changing regulatory landscape.
We deliver consistently on three fronts: an in–depth understanding of the issue/transaction, timely and effective execution and partner availability.
WHAT WE DO
We advise on the entire life cycle of a fund, including structuring, setting up, procuring regulatory approvals, negotiations with investors and ongoing compliance requirements. This includes
- Preparing offer documents for GPs, as well as advising potential LPs and investors
- Co–investment arrangements, including side car formation
- Structuring carried interest plans and other key person compensation arrangements
- Migration of domicile of funds
- Winding up fund structures
- On–going legal and regulatory advisory
- Investment funds related disputes
- Advice on M&A by sovereigns, both in the listed and unlisted space
- Advice in relation to debt investments, specifically in the real estate sector