We are one of the leading legal consultancy firms, engaged in offering personalized legal consultancy services for a host of issues regarding personal, corporate, state and civil matters.

Email :

Welcome to Marriage Registration

As per the order passed by different statutory, State Govt. and Central Govt. Registration of Marriage, Registration of Birth and Registration of Death are mandatory. It is norms that every marriage must be registered within the 30 days of marriage with the Registrar of Marriage. It requires age proof, nationality, residence proof etc. Along with all required testimonials it is procedure that both the parties will have to physically appear before Office of the Registrar of Marriage after going through the verification process of all the documents an application is being moved for the registration. The concerned authority cross checks the application and documents and upon satisfaction registers the marriage and issues the certificate proving your marriage. We are one of the most reputed legal consultancy firms who provide marriage registration services, so that you don’t have to move here and there with the application and documents for the registration. Contact our professionals any time and they will take pleasure to help you.

Our legal consultants have clear understanding of various marriage acts of India and accordingly help you to register your marriage. Each process is explained to you in a highly professionals manner so that you can meet your requirements without wasting your time and resources. Whether your marriage has been performed under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or Special Marriage Act, 1954 including inter-religion or inter-caste marriages, do not matter. All our services are handled by experienced professionals only to allow prompt registration of the marriages.

What is Marriage Registration Certificate?

A marriage registration certificate is furnished by the concerned registrar of marriage to both husband and wife whose marriage has been solemnized already. The solemnized marriage can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1954 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954 in India. Applicants belonging to Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, or Sikh religion, or who have recently converted into any of these religions are registered under the Hindu Marriage Act. When both the partners and either of them is non Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, or Sikh, then the marriage will be registered under the Special Marriage Act.

What documents are required for Registration?

  • A duly filled application form signed by both husband and wife.
  • Receipt of Rs 100 deposited as fee with marriage clerk to be affixed with the application form.
  • Self-attested evidence of date of birth of both partners (birth certificate/ matriculation certificate/ passport).
  • Self-attested residential proof of both partners (passport/ voter card/ aadhar card etc.).
  • Separate affidavits from both husband and wife in below specified format.
  • Date and place of marriage
  • Date of birth
  • Marital status during marriage
  • A declaration stating that both partners are not related to each other as per the Hindu Marriage Act
  • Citizenship
  • 2 passport size photographs of both husband and wife along with their ceremonial photographs attested from any officer of central or state government/ autonomous body/ Union Territory Administration of Public Sector Undertaking (PSU), whose identity can be established by any person having Permanent Account Number (PAN) of Income Tax.
  • The proof should be in the form of a certificate containing the attested photographs of both partners attested from any officer of central or state government/ autonomous body/ Union Territory Administration of PSU, whose identity can be established by any person having PAN of Income Tax.
  • A conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage, in case one of the partner is non Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, or Sikh.
  • A certificate from priest, if marriage has been solemnized at a religious site.
  • A certificate from the embassy regarding the applicant’s present marital status, in case of the partner is foreign national.
  • Marriage can be registered at the office of the Deputy Commissioner in whose territorial jurisdiction one of the applicants is inhabiting.
  • In case, the marriage is solemnized at the non-resident place of both the applicant, then the application for marriage registration shall be made to the Deputy Commissioner in whose jurisdiction the marriage was solemnized.

What is application fee for Registration?

A fee of Rs 100 is payable for the registration of marriage, and Rs 150 will be charged for solemnization of marriage.

Where to apply?

Applicants can visit the office of the Additional Divisional Magistrate (ADM) or the Deputy Commissioner of the area where either one of the partners resides, between 9.30 am to 1.00 pm on working days.

What is the Response time?

Registration of marriage can take up to 7 days.

Degree of Prohibition as per Hindu Marriage Act, 1955?

Sapinda relationships are prohibited in the Hindu Marriage Act. Two persons are called sapinda of each other if one is a linear ascendant (blood relative in the direct line of descent) to other, or if they share common lineal ascendant.

Marriage will be considered void if
  • If one is a lineal ascendant of the other
  • If one was wife or husband of other’s lineal ascendant or descendant
  • If one was other’s wife of the brother, or father’s or mother’s brother, or grandmother’s brother, or grandfather’s brother
  • If they both are brother or sister, or aunt and nephew, or uncle and niece, or children of sister or brother.